Smooth Transitions® Infectious Disease Policy
The health and safety of our clients, team members, and the public have always been a priority of Smooth Transitions®, and we are taking precautions against the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We will follow the CDC guidelines as it relates to the workplace and home, including COVID-19 prevention and containment. These best practices are established to supplement the CDC guidelines.
Due to the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the U.S. in recent months, allSmooth Transitions® team members are required to follow these guidelines in an effort to keep our clients, our workplace, and all of you, our valued team, safe and healthy.
Smooth Transitions® procedures if a team member shows symptoms or is sick:
- Team members are required to take their temperature the morning before leaving for work.
- A team member with a fever above 99.5˚F must stay home, and notify your SmoothTransitions® manager immediately.
- If a team member has a fever above 99.5˚F, they are requested to get tested for the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- If a team member has symptoms of respiratory illness (such as coughing and fever), they will not come to work until they no longer have such symptoms, regardless of cause, and are free of a fever for at least 24 hours.
- If a team member has been in an area with someone who has tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19), they may not return to work for 15 days from the last interaction. Please notify your Smooth Transitions® manager immediately.
- If a team member is on the job and either arrives with symptoms or becomes sick during the day, they will return home.
- All specific medical concerns will remain confidential.
Smooth Transitions® best practices on the job:
- Team members are required to take their temperature the morning before leaving for work, and upon arriving at the job site.
- Hourly, wash hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds.
- Clean hands often with a hand sanitizer that has at least 60 – 95% alcohol.
- Cover a cough or a sneeze with a tissue and then throw it in the trash. If a tissue is not available, use your elbow (not your hands) and turn away from any people nearby.
- Employees are encouraged to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- We are temporarily pausing handshaking or physical contact with all clients, guests, fellow team members, and other acquaintances while working. While this can be difficult in a supportive workplace like ours, a wave, smile, bow, placing hands over heart or whatever feels authentic to you will work.
- Smooth Transitions® will temporarily staff each job based on 6’ social distancing standards for COVID-19.
- We will prohibit clients and other non-Smooth Transitions® team members to be in our work space. This will cause delays in our work, but will help prevent spread of infection.
- If we enter a home or workplace, and our client or contact is not feeling well, we must postpone or cancel the job.
- Upon arrival at the client’s home, community or other workplaces:
- Team member is to take temperature with company-provided thermometer before entering the workplace. If temperature is above 99.5˚F, they are to leave the workplace immediately and notify their Smooth Transitions® manager.
- Team member is to put on company-provided mask, gloves, and safety goggles or glasses before entering the workplace.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Wipe down with sanitizer any areas that are commonly and frequently
- touched such as light switches, doorknobs, and carts.
- The Team Leader will set an alarm every hour to alert team members to
- wash their hands.
- Team member is to refrain from touching their face.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces often.
- Clean and disinfect personal belongings while on the job, and leave
- unneeded items in your vehicle.
- When leaving a client’s home, community or other workplaces:
- Team member is to dispose of mask and gloves, and use sanitizer on safety goggles or glasses.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer prior to leaving client’s home or workplace.
- Wipe down with sanitizer any areas that are commonly and frequently touched such as light switches, doorknobs, and carts.
- Wipe down with sanitizer all equipment used on the job prior to loading the van.
- When arriving at home, it is suggested that team members remove their shoes prior to entering their residence, and remove and wash work clothes immediately.
- Team leaders will request that any contractor working in the client’s home or in any of our workplaces, follow the above guidelines
Smooth Transitions® current business status:
Smooth Transitions® of Bergen County, NJ LLC is currently not working directly with clients due to COVID-19. Every situation is unique, so please call us for a complimentary consultation to discuss your needs: (201) 857-8494.
Once fully operational again, Smooth Transitions® will assess job requests and prioritize accordingly. We will be prepared to change our business practices, and temporarily suspend our operations if needed.
Revised and updated on 05/12/2020.